Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mediterranean Cauliflower Nom Nom Nom...

I spend a lot of time, especially on weekends, with food - washing, cutting, baking, and prepping it so that lunches and evening meals for the week can be easily prepared. Sometimes when it seems like so much work, I remind myself how wonderful it is to sit down to a healthy, delicious lunch at work and be able to quickly prepare my son his favorite dinners on busy school nights.

I genuinely believe that we are creating our health care plans with every bite we take. That being said, here's a favorite recipe in our home that is sure to become a favorite in yours as well - Mediterranean Cauliflower! It's simple, healthy and delicious!

First, you'll need to visit your local farmer's market (or grocery store) for a head of cauliflower. Mine is tucked in the bottom left of this bag of Saturday's treasures, under the leeks and beet greens!



Next, you'll need a bottle of McCormick Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt. I found mine at my local Publix. You'll also need coconut oil.  I recommend always using organic for the full health and taste benefits, as heavily processed oils can lack nutrients and flavor.


Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and cut tips from base. Preheat the over to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet with the coconut oil. Arrange the cauliflower tips onto the cookie sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil. Next, sprinkle with the Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt blend until all pieces have a light dusting of the seasoning.

Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Then, enjoy!


We have this as a side, but I also use leftovers to jazz up my lunchtime quinoa salads, and it is delish! I'm sure it would be yummy in rice as well!

Happy Cooking!

Amy

No comments: