Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hannah Marcotti's Making Space Cleanse...

...is such a wonderful, powerful experience. I highly recommend it.

While I am only on Day 3 of the Making Space Cleanse, I'll share with you a little sneak peek, a brief photo walk through my past few days...


of noticing light...



...not just stacks of books.

Of noticing richness and blessings with my morning meal...


...instead of just last night's dishes.

Making a choice to eliminate the television from my bedroom space...


...to allow space for richer, more meaningful routines.

Being bold, even if it is just with color, like a red flower pot from Germany that seemed to have no place, now at home against a solid white wall. The red reassures me now, makes me feel alive. I want more of this color in my color story...


And allowing what is different to be at home here, in my space, rather than seeking to conform my environment - or myself - to some unified theme...


And recognizing the need for spaces in our togetherness...as well as space for spontaneity,  such as a Tuesday movie night...


Each day comes with new ideas, lessons, inspirations, which I carry with me throughout the hours. In a new way, I take in my surroundings. Yesterday, three small bags were donated to the resale shop. Today we head to the city to sell books we no longer read or want to read to the used book store, which is also a great excuse to visit city on spring holiday! :-) Monday I sold some jewelry items I no longer wear at a very fair price to local jeweler, and a small valuable painting I was no longer displaying as well. I had courage to let these things go, to share them in some way with rest of world, and to open my space. To let in new and wonderful things. To look around and see what I want to see in my environment, not just in my imagination. 

The Making Space Cleanse is very affordable, a beautiful sensual journey, and I do recommend it if you are at a place where you need to step back, look at your space, and also yourself, with new eyes.  I'll write more as my 10 day journey continues...

For more information on Hannah Marcotti, visit http://hannahmarcotti.com/






No comments: