Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thrift Store Score Thursday...It's Not Always Clothes!

As I write this, we are currently awaiting a temporary new family member...Kade, brother to our dear Ilsa, will be staying with us for the next few days while his owner is out of town. Should be interesting...we all know how well it goes when you mix adult cats together for the first time! But I digress! It's Thrift Store Score Thursday, and here's one of the finds of the week!

Oh my golly gosh, do you know what this is???

A beautiful, hardback copy of poems by one of my favorite poets, Kahlil Gibran! With gorgeous illustrations that evoke the twenties, one of my favorite historical eras! The art, the writers, the music, the flappers! A time when a woman could be considered radical and dangerous just for wearing pants. But again, digression! Back to the book!



Thrifting can be so much fun because you just never know what you will find! I was thrilled to discover this just as Caffe 312, coffee shop extraordinaire, began hosting a monthly open mic night for poetry! Since our weather is supposed to be Carolina winter this weekend (think days of freezing temps and rain) I'm hoping to spend some time in front of the fire with this book! Reading poetry always inspires introspection, which fits my mood in winter.

I hope you enjoyed this edition of Thrift Store Score Thursday! Happy thrifting!

No comments: