Sunday, January 31, 2016

Artist's Block Lifted! New Plans and Projects for 2016!

Last weekend, after a hiatus of several years, I decided it was time to start painting again.

And the stars aligned, or so it seems. I picked up my easel from storage and discovered a half-off sale on canvases on the same day. A few days later, I got a solo show booked for fall. All new work...which I haven't even begun yet...omg...


I selected a lovely corner of my den to place my easel. A bit unconventional, maybe, but the den is where we spend most of our time. It's the hub of the house. And I think an easel occupying a prominent space in the home send a clear, concise message to the world...


Yup, that's pretty much the message I'm talking about!

My artist self has been through a lot the past few years and she's wavered, faltered, and a few times fallen, but she is still here, and thank heavens for that! Losing one's identity and sense of self is a scary thing. Not being able to find it, to connect with and embrace it again, well I don't even want to think of how that would be, but I imagine it's akin to sleepwalking through a life that isn't really one's own. I like to think my hiatus is similar to the time in Georgia O'Keefe's life, when she destroyed all of her work at age 27. Though I didn't take it that far, I think Georgia and I might have been having some similar moments!

When you can't make art, live life as art!

So while I am pleased to announce I'll be sharing more and more of my new work on my Facebook page, Pan Pan Studios, and here on the blog, I also want to remind readers of my other page, Art is for Everyone. This is a page where I've been sharing a lot of older works that are available, largely in part to a lack of marketing these pieces on my part, or a failure of the piece to reach the right audience when it was marketed...in...eek...the days before we used the internet to promote our work (yes, some of these pieces are that old!)

Hi. I'm twenty-two years old, and I can jazz up your 
black and white art collection...
 A lot of my older pieces have found their forever homes through this page as people make fair offers based on what they can afford. Van Gogh believed that art should be for the people, not just the wealthy elite, and I agree!

She finally has a forever home!
I'm also excited to announce that I am involved in a book project that should be completed by the year's end. I am on board as illustrator! So it's a thrillingly creative time in the life of this artist! And to celebrate all things creative, artists, artsy people, artsy living, and so on, I hope you'll check out some of my older pieces that are still up for grabs, such as Desert Mother and the last print of Trepidation.

Do you have a place for me?

So tempted to keep this one for myself...
Many are experimental pieces, meaning I never did another in this style, and some were done for classes or specific shows, but I'd love to have them all out in the world! So if you are a lover of original art and want to support your local artists, visit Art is for Everyone and see if there is anything there that suits your taste! Stay tuned to the blog for all the new pieces, show details, and book information coming in 2016, and be sure to follow me on Facebook!!!

No comments: